Artist of the Month - May 2018


This month we have the pleasure of introducing a perfume maker! Thea Axisa combined her natural passion for aromas and natural remedies into a beautiful everyday product. 



When did you start creating?
A while back my sister went to India and got me a collection of perfume oils from there! The scents were original, pleasing and lasted for a very long time, much longer than most other perfumes do! Suddenly I became inspired as I fused my love for scents and essential oils that I have had since childhood, and my recent awareness for using organic and natural products. 
It was last year that I finally started experimenting and creating my own perfumes with pure essential oils. I love the fact that all essential oils have a myriad of healing properties, and smell divine!

credit VeggyMalta

credit VeggyMalta

Credit VeggyMalta


How did you start the business and how did it evolve today?
I always wanted to create something that I had a passion for to turn into my own business. I started by attending local artisan markets regularly and posting my products on Facebook and also selling my products at the health shop where I work. It evolved pretty well considering that I haven’t been selling for a long time and I’m very pleased with the result. I feel very excited to see how my products will grow and evolve with time. 

 



How do you manage the work/life balance?
I work during the day in a health shop, and continue my business in the evenings. In the weekends I usually attend events to promote my business. I have many hobbies but I believe that when you find a balance you will always find time for everything.





What has been your best moment so far?
The best moments are when I receive positive comments from clients, or when I sometimes come across someone wearing my perfume. Seeing a client happily wearing my product makes me happy!





What is your one piece of advice to other handmade sellers?
Believe in what you do! If you really put the energy to something that you are so passionate about, you will surely receive positive results in return. We are all artists within, we just need to find what it is that we love to do and believe in ourselves. Believe in yourself and you will achieve!





What’s your favourite motto for motivation?
‘’Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations’’






Shakti Natural Perfumes





Comments

Popular Posts