Artist of the Month - May

This month's feature is about creativity through necessity; courage in the face of adversity; and a brand that combined traditional local symbols with new innovative products. There was clearly a lot of careful thought involved in the process of bringing 'Lovely Little Island', from the concept, to the logo, to the actual products which are not only beautiful, but they are also practical things that everybody has in their household, thus making them more irresistible not to buy. Just look at the lamps! Did I mention that they can be personalized with any image you desire? Lovely Catherine Alegren speaks about her craft in this feature. 



When did you start creating?

I always loved creative work and I remember in my teens telling my best friend quite often: I have a new business idea! We started laughing and dreaming about it and she often told me “Do it”! But I never really dared. Then, in 2015, while I was pregnant, the company who I worked for closed down and I lost my job. I then started developing my first prototypes of photographic lamps and waited for my baby girl to come.




How did you start your business and how did it evolve today?

It took me quite a while to find all the right items for the lamps so as to arrive at the quality I wanted. When we decided to move to Malta I thought “Let´s give it a try”! I designed my logo “Lovely Little Island”, produced lamps with Maltese landscapes and opened my Etsy online shop. I tested various Artisan Markets and after a few months I launched the Valletta coordinates towels with the Maltese cross and the Malta bracelet and necklace in sterling silver, which is my favourite and I love seeing people wearing it.




How do you manage the work/Life balance?

For now my full time job is to be a mum of 2 wonderful but sleepless kids. When I manage to create or launch something new I am very happy and often surprised that I find the time. Also my husband helps me whenever and wherever he can. Without him I couldn't do it at all.





What has been your best moment so far?

When my family and I participate at Artisan Markets, my husband turns into a superhero, my daughter into a dancing queen “Mummy there is partyyy” and my son, in contrast to when we are at home, into a sleeping beauty!
Another special month took place last month when I found a great team to work with in order to accomplish my idea of building a creative community of artists, crafters, designers and other like-minded professionals sharing a colourful and unique house in Birgu. I am really excited about it and hope it will help the artisans grow their business and for others to allow them to work in a creative, relaxed and special atmosphere! I would like to take the opportunity to invite people to visit us in Vittoriosa and follow us on instagram @find_the_door_malta





What is your piece of advice to other handmade sellers?

I travel a lot and I am tired to see all the same big brands popping up everywhere. For more diversity we need your creativity, so my advice: DO IT!;-)




What´s your favourite motto for motivation?
Don´t stop until you´re proud.




Follow Lovely Little Island


Comments

  1. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via {automatedcardsonline@gmail.com)or (on Whatsapp,+1-929-279-3894 on Whatsapp}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD
    )
    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via{automatedcardsonline@gmail.com)or{+1 929-279-3894 on Whatsapp}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts