Artist of the Month - September

As Summer's almost gone we will bring some early nostaglia of the sun and the sea thanks to this month's artist, who creates the most unique statement pieces of Summery themed jewellery! Her work is all about vivid colours and unusual shapes. Meet Virag Andersson, founder of ViragAndersson.com. She is not only active in her craftsmanship but also regularly connects with her audience in an innovative way, by sharing time-lapses of her 'work in progress', as well as sneak peaks of her enamel jewellery, totally handmade in Malta. Her talent, combined with her sales and customers skills, allowed her to sell her works of art across the world. Virag is a perfect example of finding your niche!



When did you start creating?

I was always creating since i can remember; always collecting twigs and pebbles and making installations since i could pick up items. I believe it started before I learned how to walk and talk. During high school I accessorized the whole grade, I still clearly remember those crazy pieces. My creative upbringing did not stop me from choosing a more ‘sensible’ profession and becoming a lawyer. My amazing husband gave me the third biggest gift after my two babies by offering me the opportunity to follow my dreams, and that is how i started creating my own wearable art. My journey started with a very easy wire wrapping technique, eventually falling deeply in love with enamelling happened rather as a coincidence when i was studying art and design at MCAST.





How did you start the business and how did it evolve today?

ViragAndersson.com jewellery idea was born in Malta in 2012, just after leaving our corporate life behind for a dream of living in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.
That’s when I started creating enamelled jewellery. The enamel technique is a very old way of coating metal surfaces with glass; we might all know the famous Faberge eggs which are exquisite examples of this unique technique. Colourful glass is being grinded into powder and applied on metal pieces before it gets melted on the metal surface in an 850 degrees Celsius kiln. Every new colour on the surface requires a new application and new firing, hence the enamel pieces are exclusively hand made, and their making is painfully time consuming. At the same time the end result is a shiny glass surface with amazing organic colours and the feeling of the depths of the ocean. My enamelled pieces are selling locally and shipping all over the world now, reaching Africa, Australia and the United States.



How do you manage the work/life balance?

I don’t (laughing), i am an artist. When i have a crazy haze of inspiration, I cannot sleep, my fingers are cut, and my hair is messy. Jokes aside, I try to spend quality time with the kids, what includes creative sessions together. My little son who is 8 loves creating work tools with me, and i bake and sew with my daughter. I love to travel with them, they interpret art in a way very different from me, and they surprise me every time. I try to stick to yoga every morning and long walks with my dog and hubby. Outdoors are very important, that’s when i can really relax and get inspired. 





What has been your best moment so far?

Every moment is equally awesome when i meet people who are interested in the art of enamelling. I become very passionate simply talking about it. Still the best moments are when my kids saw my new jewellery pieces for the first time. They are always very enthusiastic, and obviously have their favourites but overall they adore the entire collection.



What is your one piece of advice to other handmade sellers?

Reach out for your fellow artists. (As an introvert I am constantly battling with this.) Malta has an amazing artistic community; do not hesitate to take part of it. 




What's your favourite motto for motivation?

‘The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away’, by Pablo Picasso



Follow ViragAndersson.com



Comments

  1. Malta Residency & Visa Programme grants a Maltese residence permit which allows its beneficiaries free travel within the Schengen Area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via {automatedcardsonline@gmail.com)or (on Whatsapp,+1-929-279-3894 on Whatsapp}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD
    )
    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via{automatedcardsonline@gmail.com)or{+1 929-279-3894 on Whatsapp}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts