Artist of the Month - November

November features an artist with an obsession for unusual textiles and an infallabile sense of taste. Sewing, stitching and quilting are her fervour but the thing that passionates her the most is fabric-hunting. Tarryn Stewart is the owner of 'She Chases Butterflies', a cute little brand that produces bags, pouches, quilts and the like. Originally from South Africa, she now lives in Malta and now works on her craft mostly on customer orders. Read her story here:



1. When did you start creating?

I started creating from a young age. I was very lucky to be exposed to art, sewing and creative activities throughout my childhood. My grandparents ran a creative business and my mom and aunt taught me to love sewing when I was a child.






2. How did you start the business and how did it evolve today?

My craft business started when I was in my early twenties, I sold bags, greeting cards and jewellery made from recycled paper at a craft market in South Africa. I decided to stop with the markets after I became a full time primary school teacher, as there simply wasn’t enough time to do everything! When I moved to Malta 4 years ago I stopped creating for a while because I had left all of my tools and materials back home. I slowly began purchasing fabric and became quite involved in the inspiring quilting community on Instagram. I was so inspired that I decided to risk bringing my sewing machine to Malta on one of my trips back, fortunately it arrived here in one piece. I quickly amassed a large stash of beautiful fabrics that were begging to be used. I wasn’t working, so I decided to give the artisans markets a try.





3. How do you manage the work/life balance?

Since returning to work full time last November, I have had less time to create. I do find that this fact has made me more productive in terms of spending a concentrated amount of time making a production line of sorts. I cut everything at once, then iron, then sew all the zippers etc. It’s definitely a more effective way of getting things done than before.





4. What has been your best moment so far?

I’m not sure if I can pinpoint a ‘best moment’ so far. But I have made some wonderful friends since embarking on my crafty journey in Malta and on Instagram. It’s been so incredible to connect with a group of ladies with similar interests who support and cheer each other on.




5. What is your one piece of advice to other handmade sellers?

It’s easy to feel discouraged after a ‘bad market’. It happens. I find it’s best not to dwell on the negatives and rather just try to enjoy the day (above mentioned friends help with this!). Learn from your mistakes, try to figure out your crowd, and show up to the next market.







6. What's your favourite motto for motivation?

This is one I came across earlier this week, and I love it! Simply, ‘put on your positive pants’.







Follow She Chases Butterflies



Comments

  1. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via {automatedcardsonline@gmail.com)or (on Whatsapp,+1-929-279-3894 on Whatsapp}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD
    )
    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via{automatedcardsonline@gmail.com)or{+1 929-279-3894 on Whatsapp}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts