Artist of the month - November 2018

This month we feature Antonella Grech, founder of NVKED. Her business stems from her own necessities, as she went on to create that which she was looking for, but could not find - the spirit of the entrepreneur! What started with weight-loss healthy meal planning, soon transformed into an elegant brand promoting a healthier lifestyle. Nvked products now also include raw cacao treats, raw vegan cakes. protein and energy bars, nut butters and seasonal delights. Whether she is selling at markets or from her own website, catering at events or working in the kitchen, you'll see her shy but determined friendly smile!



When did you start creating?
I started creating new recipes and experimenting long before NVKED but around the time I started to lose weight. I always loved the kitchen and tried to see what I could come up with but I think it was only in 2017 that I actually started thinking about opening my own business.




How did you start the business and how did it evolve today?
I started NVKED cooking and creating low calorie meals like I do today - the difference is that in April I re-launched the whole website, removing some items and adding new ones. NVKED constantly changed with a weekly changing meals menu, a seasonal menu for sweets, a whole new menu for Christmas and constantly adding new products.




How do you manage the work/life balance?
When you work as self employed, especially in a business like mine, work becomes your life to a certain extent. I have to put my phone on ‘do not disturb’ or tell myself ‘no work today’ and actually try to be strict about it otherwise I wouldn’t take a day off.




What has been your best moment so far?
My best moment so far has to be when I realized that this dream I had last year which I had worked so hard on has actually become a reality. I am doing what I love with all the freedom to create in the world with no one to tell me what I can or cannot do.




What is your one piece of advice to other handmade sellers?
My advice would be to take no unsolicited advice - do what you love, what you think is best. Believe in yourself and in what you can do.




What's your favourite motto for motivation?
I do not have a motto per se but I always tell myself to trust myself, believe in myself and never let anything stop me.



Follow:




Comments

Popular Posts